We (or our merchants on our behalf) need to collect certain types of information for compliance with legal requirements relating to our anti-fraud and know your customer obligations. If this information is not provided we cannot agree to provide a product or service for you.
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How long do we keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary. It will depend on factors such as whether you’ve any outstanding purchases or an account with us or have interacted with recent offers. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will also routinely refresh our information to ensure we keep it up-to-date.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Information we share
There are certain circumstances where we transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
- As noted above, we share information about you with other members of our group of companies.
- we also share your information with certain suppliers, contractors or service providers. They may process your personal data for us. Our service providers include credit card merchants, CRM platforms, customer service software providers, surveys, e-commerce fulfilment suppliers, and cloud data storage suppliers. Other service providers include programmatic advert integrators, IT suppliers, database providers and backup and disaster recovery specialists.
- Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function. They will not be permitted to use your information for any purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- We also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you. These include credit reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and other partners we do business with.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we discuss selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police;
- If we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
You have certain rights in relation to your information. The availability of these rights and the ways in which you can use them are set out below in more detail.
Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain other information about it to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you is corrected.
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Transfer: you may request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party.
- Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interests (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on the our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Automated decisions: We do not currently make any automated decisions. However, if we did, you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
If you want your account to be deleted, please email [email protected] and include the username and email address on file with your account.
Right to object
You have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interests (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on the our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop processing your information at any time. In certain circumstances we may not be able to do this or may not be required to do this. For example, if the information is relevant to legal claims.
Analysis and Marketing
We use third party tools to personalise the advertising displayed to you on our website / app.
We use third party tools, including programmatic advertising, and retargeting, to make the advertising we show you on our Website and / or our partner websites more relevant and interesting to you.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We’ve got physical, technical and administrative measures in place to prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
Link to third party websites
Our website, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others including our partner networks, advertisers and other group companies and/or social networks as offered to you and supported by your browser.
We do not knowingly collect information from children or other persons who are under 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you must not submit any personal information to us or subscribe for the services. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a person under 18 years old, please contact the Data Protection Officer.